HealthData Exchange for Hospitals and Physicians
Today’s challenge: Hospitals and Physicians are seeing the need for HL7 interfaces growing exponentially as more outside providers and vendors are enabling their systems to share clinical and billing data. This is causing an increase in resource time to build and maintain this ever expanding myriad of interfaces within their healthcare ecosystem.
NetDirector’s HealthData exchange removes many of these current challenges and obstacles. Our normalization process allows everyone to map to the standard HL7 or other data formats to achieve EHR interoperability and removes the bottlenecks of traditional interfacing.
How is NetDirector different?
- The foundation of the HealthData solution is a standard data model
- This data model was originally based off of HL7 data elements
- The model then evolved to get rid of the unwanted and uncategorized data that always ended up in a Z-segment
- This evolution is controlled so that everyone using the system has the exact same standard mapping
- By standardizing and normalizing, the data systems can talk without the need for people to
NetDirectors HealthData allows hospitals’ and physicians’ EHRs to interoperate with:
- Radiology and Imaging Centers
- Immunization Registries
- eRecording – Submit Medical Liens
- other Hospitals / Physician Groups
- and many more…
Figure Below: Example of your trading partner network using NetDirector’s HeathData exchange.
By using a single cloud-based exchange – hospitals and physicians will realize the following benefits:
- Reduce time, cost, and effort for Electronic Medical Records (EMR) integration
- Streamlined clinical workflow and communications with extended provider community
- Support automated process for paper based practices
- Reduce administrative costs
- Enhanced coordination of meaningful use payments with the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Complement existing IT investments
Figure Below: Delivery of data between trading partners using HL7 Standards.
Simply put, “meaningful use” means that healthcare providers demonstrate that they are using certified EMR/EHR technology in ways that can be measured significantly in quality and quantity. NetDirector makes meeting requirements easy by complementing your existing IT investments.